Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday - Dinosaurs! & Helpful Links

I took my kiddos to the Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park, Colorado for this week's field trip, so I thought I'd pass along some fossil photos for [Mostly] Wordless Wednesday.

How could I not put T-Rex first?  Ol' T is never as big as I expect one to be, but I still wouldn't stand there and mock it if it was trying to chew on me.  RAWR!

Pteranodon!

This is their newest edition: Apataosaurus.  This thing was massive!  The only photos that do its length any justice, though, have my kids or niece or nephew in them, so I can't post them.

This here's Pachy.  Pachycephalosaurus, that is.   That thing towering behind him?  T-Rex.

And a bonus for you car fans out there - this beauty was parked near my car when I came out and I had to snap a photo.

Now for some helpful links:

Black Lawrence Press is in open reading period for submissions until June 30.  They are seeking literature and creative non-fiction.

Ploughshares is in open reading period for submissions of fiction, poetry and limited amounts of non-fiction.

Freefall Magazine is open for submissions until August 31.  This is for their winter issue.  They are seeking prose, poetry, art, photographs and will take proposals for interviews and reviews.

Writer's Toybox will be hosting a short story contest soon.  Details on the way.  Top entries will be included in an anthology, and the winner will be offered a novel publishing contract.

That's it for today, folks!  I hope you're having a wonderful summer (for those in the same hemisphere as me), and a great winter for those on the south side of the globe.

Any links to share?  Ever wanted to be a paleontologist?  Like dinosaurs?  What about cars? 

May you find your Muse.


Post a Comment

0 Comments